- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil over high heat in a saucepan, then pour in the quinoa, cover with a lid, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Once the quinoa is cooked, pour into a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Once chilled, stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, sliced almonds, carrots, and cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.