- 1½ cups flour, sifted
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ lb salted butter, room temperature
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Blend with a pastry blender or knead until dough forms and butter is about pea-sized; do not over mix. Dough will be crumbly and sticky.
- Spray shortbread mold with non-stick spray. Transfer dough to shortbread mold and press down firmly, filling all areas of the mold.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly brown, (shortbread will remain rather pale).
- Turn shortbread out onto a plate and let cool. Cut into wedges or squares.
- Enoy! Place any leftovers in a covered container.