- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 -8 ears of fresh corn (or 4 cups frozen, thawed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- Juice of 1-2 limes (about 2 tablespoons of juice or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese, plus more for garnishing
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Ingredient info: You can also substitute cojita cheese for feta cheese
- Clean corn and cut from the cob.
- In a large, cast iron skillet, heat canola oil on medium high . Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is golden brown about 10-15 minutes. Don’t stir it too often, you want it to get nice and toasty. Add the minced garlic during the last few minutes of cooking (so as not to burn the garlic). Remove from the heat and allow the corn to cool.
- For the dressing, in a small mixing bowl whisk together the minced jalapeno through cotija cheese.
- Combine the roasted corn with the dressing, add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with cortija cheese.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from thesweetspotblog.com.