A compilation of people, places, and things that we adore!
Please explore their websites by clicking the names/shop names below:
- Chad Cooper Photography – A Dallas-based photographer and graphic designer (also Sarah’s lovely partner) with a unique eye and passion for capturing the many forms of human emotion and expression, the awe-inspiring natural world around him, intriguing structural enigmas, and much more. His inventive photography style can be attributed in part to a mad scientist streak coupled with his fascination with experimentation.
- O-Wool – A yarn company that prides itself on using certified organic and cruelty-free fibers from South America, Australia, and the USA. “I source USDA certified organic merino from farms in South America. The sheep are free range and non-mulesed. I love animals, and purchasing non-mulesed wool is very important to me. Mulesing is a cruel practice performed on Merino sheep that involves cutting strips of flesh off their hindquarters without anesthesia, in a barbaric attempt to control “fly strike”. The certified organic cotton is grown in Texas. I pick up the alpaca from a local family farm in New Jersey.”
- The Vegan Nest – An informative and entertaining blog about all aspects of vegan living. The author of this blog is the lovely Elle – a vegan mom living in Seattle who is obsessed with her German Shepherds and changing the world.
- Art Conspiracy – “Art Conspiracy is a nonprofit community that conspires to bring artists and musicians together, raise funds, and activate awareness for regional creative programs and causes.”
- Brooke Shaden – A conceptual fine art photographer with a fantastic vision and a strong belief in promoting passion and inspiration for others.
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary – “At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees — as well as educating the public about the horrific treatment of animals who are raised for food. We are driven by the simple philosophy that kindness and respect to animals is our duty and that all the creatures that share this earth are here with us and not for us. Like our faithful dogs and lap-sitting cats, farm animals are feeling individuals who deserve to be treated with compassion and to live free of fear and suffering.”
- Audrey DeFord – “Original Paintings, Prints, & Paper Goods.” Audrey is the phenomenally talented artist who created the original illustration for our owl logo (used prior to the beaker).